Kids: Press Play at Vacation Bible School!
Jesus wants you to know—you are loved. You belong. You make a difference. Join us for “Press Play!” VBS from June 21 to 24. Enjoy four fun days of friends, music, and games, and grow in confidence as you see yourself the way Jesus sees you.
Available for Ages: 3 (as of 9/1/20) through completed 5th grade.
VBS Focus: Love each other as I have loved you. –Jesus
When: June 21–24, 9 am–Noon
HPUMC Classrooms for 3 years to 2nd grade (Games in Arden Forest)
Tolleson for 3rd to 5th grade (Games in Tolleson Center gym)
8:45 am Drop-Off/Pick-Up off Bishop Blvd. near Arden Forest for All
9:15 am Large Group Open (Music and Bible Story) in Wesley Hall
11:45 am Large Group Close in Arden Forest for All
Noon Pick-Up on Bishop Blvd curb by Arden Forest
Families who want to participate in VBS @Home can watch a live stream of the Music and Bible Story each day at 9:15 am. Or if you miss the live version, catch the videos at hpumconline.
And each family who registers will receive a box with four lessons, one for each day, to correlate with large group experience, instructions and supplies for a weeklong craft, and T-shirts.
Families can register to attend the outdoor Large Group Experience
In-Person: $40 per child
@Home: $40 per family
Nursery (0-2 years old) for volunteers: $0
- All volunteers/staff/ participants will be asked to comply with COVID guidelines and stay home if showing symptoms or having known exposure.
- All volunteers/staff/ participants will be required to take their temperature and sanitize hands upon arrival.
- Parents will drop off and pick up at the curbside.
- All K–5th-grade students, youth, and adults will be required to wear masks while participating in indoor activities.
- All participants will be arranged in pods of 10 and will remain in those pods throughout the day.
- Pods will stay socially distanced (3 ft apart) during all VBS experiences except for games when they will be combined with a limited number of pods for games outdoors (this is the only crossing of pods and can be monitored closely if communication to a parent is required).
- While social distancing is difficult with young children, the classrooms will be set up with further distance in between activities. The classroom furniture will be arranged to create smaller areas for play and learning.
- Snacks and drinks will be provided in individual containers. Those will be allowed within the classroom setting while children are in their pods.
- Children will be asked to sanitize their hands before and after eating and at appropriate times throughout the morning.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at every entrance and in each classroom and all staff will sanitize their hands before and after entering or leaving classrooms.
- Staff and volunteers will use a hospital-grade disinfectant to clean classroom items, toys, and commonly touched surfaces throughout the day.
- Toys and play items that cannot be cleaned or sanitized will not be used.
- Water fountains will not be in use.
- Only one student will be allowed in the restroom at a time.
- Staff and volunteers will monitor students in the restroom to make sure that proper hand-washing hygiene is enforced.
- The handwashing procedure will include using soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, hand sanitizer will be used.