Belong Ministry Day Programming
The Belong disABILITY Ministry offers classes during the day to adults who have time in their schedule to learn a new skill and want to make new friends. Starting in August 2021, our classes will be held at The Tolleson Family Activity Center. These classes are offered at no charge to our participants but registration for the classes and a Belong registration form are required to attend classes.
- Starting in September 2021, Day Classes will be offered in four-week sessions for about one hour a class.
- Day Class offerings include a variety of subjects, such as yoga, martial arts, circus skills, games, music, art, cooking, drumming, jokes, and tap dance.
See below for a list of our current class offerings!
Starting in January
Mondays - January 24 through February 14
- 1-2 pm - choose one of the following during the hour time period.
- Martial Arts — Join us for Adaptive Fitness and Martial Arts with Tony Rios. Tony will lead us in warm-ups, stretching, and balancing drills. The exercises will be adaptive for either standing or sitting.
- Magic with the Dallas Music Academy — We will create our own magic with crafts, practice, demonstration, and fun. By the end of class, each student will have the knowledge and ability to perform tricks for their friends and family.
- Art with Veronica — Let your creativity flow in a relaxed setting as we draw, paint, sculpt, and create! We'll be using pastels, watercolors, acrylics, and more!
Drama and The Bible — Come and join us as we act out scenes from the Bible and spend time praying for one another.
Thursdays - January 27 through February 17
- 2-3 pm - Adapted Tennis — This fun, high-energy, adaptive tennis program is for athletes with a disability. The program is provided by the Dallas Tennis Association. Small, lightweight racquets and foam balls will be provided. No experience necessary!
- 3-4:30 pm - Pottery with Holly — With a focus on hand building, beginners will learn the fundamentals of ceramics. From textural surface techniques to glazing, the group will leave this class having created beautiful, original pieces.
For more information, contact Carla Aubrey, 214-523-2268.