Belong Ministry Day Programming
The Belong Disability Ministry offers classes during the day to adults who have time in their schedule to learn a new skill and want to make new friends. Our classes are held at The Tolleson Family Activity Center and are offered at no charge to our participants. Registration for the classes and a Belong registration form are required to attend classes.
- Day Classes are offered in four-week sessions for about one hour a class.
- Day Class offerings include a variety of subjects, such as yoga, martial arts, circus skills, games, music, art, cooking, drumming, jokes, and tap dance.
See below for a list of our current class offerings!
For more information, contact Carla Aubrey, 214-523-2268
June 13 & 27
1 to 2 pm
- Drama with Stephanie — In Drama, we develop the confidence that's essential to speaking clearly and thoughtfully through various improv games and scene exercises.
- Dance with Kailey — In dance skills, we learn how to move creatively, while incorporating rhythm and coordination. We strengthen skills that transcend the classroom, enhancing flexibility, memorization, and most of all…we have fun!
- Yoga with Melanie – Come slow down your mind and body through an hour of yoga. Learn how to connect your breath to physical posture in a calm setting. All postures can be modified to accommodate each individual’s needs.
2 to 3 pm
- Gardening with Carla – Learn about plant science in a hands-on way by assembling your own suction cup window planters and growing a set of green bean and squash plants. Learn to take care of your plants, identify new plant parts as they sprout, and make yummy dishes using fruit and other plant parts!
June 16, 23, & 30
11 am to Noon
- Adaptive Tennis – This fun, high energy, adaptive tennis program is for athletes with a disability. This program is provided by the Dallas Tennis Association. Small lightweight racquets and foam balls will be provided. No experience is necessary! Benefits include increased eye-hand coordination, improved motor skills, improved core strength, fostered friendships, and stimulated emotional growth.
Noon to 1 pm
- Lunch Bunch – Bring your lunch and enjoy socializing with old and new friends.
1 to 2 pm
- June 16 – Origami with Julie Ann — Through origami—the art of paper folding—you can create everything from animals to plants, and so much more! In this class, we will begin by learning how to fold an origami animal, then move on to more advanced origami pieces, as time allows. All skill and ability levels are welcome.
- June 23 – Art with Brad — Hear the Scripture and work on an art project related to that Scripture.
- June 30 - Native Texas Animals with Liz — Come learn about mammals, birds, and amphibians native to Texas. We'll look at pictures and foot prints and listen to their calls and sounds. Bring a sharp eye and a keen ear!