Music & Arts have a vital role at HPUMC as we engage people to worship God. Music imprints Scripture and truth on our hearts. Especially for children and youth, these words learned and sung will remain with them for a lifetime.
Music adorns worship like the perfume the woman “wasted” on Jesus’ feet. Singing (or playing) in a choir creates community as well as interdependence of spirit and duty — I am one part of the whole body and it is good to use my gifts for the good of the whole.
Worship (and rehearsing for worship) here on Earth is our preparation for singing and worshiping for eternity at God’s throne.
Our vision (or, “What’s our WIN!?!”):
- A full loft of people (children, youth, or adults) singing their hearts out, beautifully and powerfully, in praise to God
- A congregation that sings strongly and with joy
- Meaningful, transformative worship with moments of awe
- Music that inspires, moves, and grips people…making them feel they’ve just touched something transcendent
- Choirs of people that serve as “modified Small Groups,” taking care of and praying with one another and learning and growing in faith together
- People singing their faith strongly—living it strongly
- Choirs that utilize their gifts of sound and spirit to do good in the community with hands-on missions, raising funds for missions, and taking our spirit (The Spirit) to areas that may have forgotten or not known it.
Our choirs are welcoming, joyful groups that have fun, share joys and concerns, and most of all, love making beautiful and powerful music as we engage people to worship God! Come join us!