- Registration only accepted online at www.hpumc.org/swishin
- Registration closes at 6:00 pm on March 25, 2019.
- Payment for the team must be received during online registration, full team payment only by Visa or MasterCard.
- Player substitutions may be made to the roster prior to the official start of the tournament.
- By registering a team, each player and families of players are agreeing to the Official Tournament Rules and liability release of the tournament.
- HPUMC is not responsible for determining a particular athletes eligibility to play in the tournament.
- HPUMC reserves the right to limit the number of teams due to court space or lack of teams in a division. All teams are accepted on a first come first serve basis.
- Team Captain of each team MUST pick up their team's tournament packet, which includes tournament schedule, official rules, and the tournament t-shirt on Wednesday, April 3, 2019, from 3:30-5:30 in the back parking lot at the Tolleson B.uilding
- No changes may be made to the tournament schedule.
HPUMC Tolleson Building
Tournament Dates: April 4-8, 2019. Game times are 4:15-9:30 on Thursday, Friday and Monday. Saturday 9:00 am-8:00 pm and Sunday 1:00-6:00.
- Grades 3-8 will play half court
- Grades 9-12 will play full court (width)
- Each team must have their roster and be registered with their team by the pre-determined entry deadline. Due to available time and space, teams may be limited; in that
eventthe completed rosters will be taken first come.
- Each team must start with the minimum number of players required for
tournament. Each team is allowed to have one additional player for substitutions. Each team can finish the current game with any number of players under the max for the grade level.
- Grade 3- 8: Play 3-on-3 tournaments - with Max total players per team being 4
- Grade 9-12: Play 4-on-4 tournaments - with Max total players per team being 5
Game Warm Up
gamesboth teams will warm up at the same time
- Swishin for Mission will provide 1 ball per team for
- Only Swishin for Mission balls will be allowed on the court
- No personal basketballs are permitted in the play area
- No dunking during warm up.
- Game schedule:
Warm-up: 5 minutes
Rules: 2 minutes
Game Play: 20 minutes
- Five-minute forfeit time will be enforced
- Each team is allowed 2 -
- Substitutions will be allowed anytime that play has stopped
- In case of obvious injury only, a one-minute special time-out will be allowed for substitution of that player
- A coin flip before the start of the game will determine who gets the ball first
- The ball will change possession after scored baskets and jump balls.
- We will have referees at this tournament.
- The referees will be in charge of the schedule, time clock and score.
- Each game will be played to 15, by ones
Teamthat is first to 15 or ahead after 20 minutes wins the game
- Referees will keep official time
- Time will only stop for time-outs
- Start of play:
- 3-8th: Ball must be checked by an opposing player before its put into play. After the ball is checked it may be passed or dribbled into play
- 9-12th: Ball must be checked on a dead ball (foul, jump ball, timeout) and passed in after a made basket
- 3-8th: Ball will be taken to
back courtline after each made basket or turnover of possession. Failure to take the ball back will result in loss of possession. Player’s whole body must cross the backcourt line.
- If the score is tied at the end of 20 minutes,
a 2-minuteovertime will start; possession will be determined by a coin flip
- In overtime, the team that gets to 15 first or is ahead after the 2 minutes wins the game
- If the score is tied after the 2 minute overtime, sudden death free throw begin
- During sudden death, each player (3 per team) will shoot one foul shot. The team making the
most foulshots wins the game
- Games tied after sudden death free throws will repeat the process until a winner is declared
- Change of possession (jump ball) will go to the team starting the game on defense first and will alternate each time thereafter
- All fouls and other infractions will be played out-of-bounds at the backcourt line (3-8th grade) or at the top of the key (9-12th Grade).
- No Foul shots are awarded until the team reaches 7 fouls. For that foul and any foul thereafter, one free throw will be awarded even if its a shooting foul.
- Flagrant fouls or continuous misconduct will result in immediate forfeiture and disqualification from the tournament; this will be determined by the referee.
- Constant disputing and disruption of the game will not be tolerated. The court monitor or Tournament Director can stop the game and decide the outcome - with the possible result disqualification of both teams from the tournament.
- Rules can be clarified by the Court Monitor on the court that you are currently playing on.