Recreation Ministry Membership Guidelines
Who Should Have A Card?
- Everyone age 11 and up will need a membership and a building key card to use Biggers.
- Children under 11 are not allowed in the building without direct adult supervision unless they are attending a class.
- Parking is available in the garage and in the surrounding parking lot. Please be aware that the garage gates close when the building closes. The garage and parking lot are for Biggers members and HPUMC staff only (except Sundays).
Accessing the Building
- Your key card will unlock the side doors in the parking garage. If you have a monthly membership, it will also open the doors to the fitness area. The front doors facing Hillcrest are for HPUMC staff and CARE visitors only.
- For you safety, do not leave or prop the doors open. Never let anyone into the building you do not know.
- In the event of inclement weather, we follow DISD in determining whether to stay open or closed for the day.
Indoor Play Yard Rules (Garage Level)
- The play yard is for children age 5 and under. Adult supervision is required at all times.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the play yard. Please remove shoes prior to entering the play yard.
- For sanitary reasons, please change diapers at the changing stations located in the restrooms. Please discard dirty diapers in the trash bins located in the parking garage.
Basketball Court (1st Floor)
- Biggers members may use the basketball court during business hours when there are no other activities scheduled. Please ask the building supervisor prior to using the court.
- Kids Open Court is for children age 17 and under and is unsupervised. Adult supervision is required for any child under age 11. Children under age 11 without adult supervision must be picked up by a parent. Private coaching is not permitted during Open Court. Kids Open Court is free for Biggers members. All guests must sign a waiver and pay the $5 guest fee. See website for dates and times.
- Adult Open Court for is for ages 18 and up. Adult Open Court is free for Biggers members. All guests must sign a waiver and pay the $5 guest fee. See website for dates and times.
Fitness Area & Aerobic Room (2nd Floor)
- Proper athletic attire is required. Shirt, appropriate bottoms, and shoes must be worn at all times.
- No talking on cell phones in the aerobic room or fitness area. Please use the hallway area.
- No food allowed on this level. Water only please.
- Children under age 14 are not allowed on this level unless they are attending a supervised class.
- Children ages 14-16 may use the aerobic room and fitness area, but must be supervised by an adult at all times. Parents are liable for their child’s safety.
- Please re-rack any weights or equipment after use. Please wipe down cardio equipment after use (wipes provided).
- Participants must be able to control weights. Please do not drop weights on to the carpet or aerobic floor.
- Non-staff personal trainers are not allowed.
- In case of emergency, call 911 or use the emergency radio located in the kitchen.
Locker Rooms & Showers (1st Floor)
- Children under age 17 are not allowed in the locker rooms without parental supervision.
- Please bring your own lock, toiletries, and towel. Biggers is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Baby changing stations are available in all the restrooms. Please discard any dirty diapers in the trash bins located in the parking garage.
Membership & Key Card Information
- Monthly memberships are available for both HPUMC Members ($10/Month) and Non-Members ($25/Month). This includes the cost of all fitness classes. Enrollment is available at www.hpumc.org/biggers
- Participants enrolled in Express Cheer, Montgomery Music, or basketball rentals are required to pay a $35 annual facility fee to gain access. Key cards will not provide entry to the fitness center and these individuals will not be eligible to attend fitness classes. If renewing your facility fee, please keep your original card.
- Replacement cards are $15 each. You can purchase a replacement card at Biggers. This fee is separate from the membership or facility fee.
- Members may bring up to 2 guests for a fee of $5 each. All guests must fill out a guest pass each time they come in. Guest passes can be found in the building supervisor’s office.
- Members must accompany their guests and are responsible for their guest’s behavior.
Rules for Parents with children under 17
- Children under age 11 must be directly supervised by an adult at all times.
- Children under age 17 are not permitted in the locker rooms without a parent.
- Children under age 14 are not allowed on the 2nd floor (fitness area & aerobic room) unless taking a class.
- Children ages 14-16 must be supervised by adult while in the fitness area and aerobic room. Parents are liable for their child’s safety.
- Please do not allow children to roam the building unattended.
- Building access cards cannot be shared. Anyone caught using someone else’s card will be asked to leave the facility.
- Foul language or behavior is strictly prohibited anywhere in the building.
- Misuse of your membership or disregard for these guidelines will result in loss of facility privileges without a refund.
- For more information, contact Susanne Lankford at or 214.780.1757