Due to COVID-19, Carpenters For Christ building is on hold. We will update this page when we are able to safely build again.
As we begin to build, we must remember we are his handiwork. We wish to build a community of hope through good works. HPUMC/Carpenters for Christ in partnership with St. Luke “Community” UMC with the support of Thrivent Financial and Dallas Habitat for Humanity will work together to build a new home in the Joppa Area.
Join us each Saturday beginning March 28 – May 30 to share in this partnered build. Join us for a fulfilling day of volunteering. Spend the day (7:45 am – 3:00 pm including lunch) making an impact in a changing community. No building experience is necessary. If you need more information about this event, please do not hesitate to email with questions.
"For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10
Questions? Contact Tamika Perry.
NOTE: Due to the coronavirus, we have canceled this build until further notice.
Houses #119 - 4623 Stokes, Dallas, Texas 75216
- Day 1 - Saturday, March 28
- Day 2 - Saturday, April 4
- Day 3 - Saturday, April 18
- Day 4 - Saturday, April 25
- Day 5 - Saturday, May 2
- Day 6 - Saturday, May 9
- Day 7 - Saturday, May 16
- Day 8 - Saturday, May 30
Lunch, water, and snacks are provided.
8:00 am - Arrive, check-in
12:00 pm - Lunch
12:30 pm - Work resumes
3:30 pm - Site clean-up, work concludes
Habitat works in almost all weather conditions to fulfill its mission. On the scheduled workday go to www.dallasareahabitat.org/weather/ and click the weather button.
What to wear/bring:
- Season-appropriate work clothing/gear (we work rain or shine)
- Closed-toe shoes
- Head covering
- Work gloves
- Hammer and nail belt, if you have them
Build Site Age Limitations:
- Under 16: Not allowed on the build site until the dedication day
- 16 and 17: Allowed to pick up a hammer and build but not operate power tools or get on the roof; must have one adult over 21 per five youth of this age; parent must sign a release form.
- 18+: No restrictions