HPUMC/Carpenters for Christ is partnering with St. Luke “Community” UMC, with the support of Thrivent and Dallas Habitat for Humanity, to build HPUMC house #119 in Dallas.
As we begin to build, we must remember that we are His handiwork, and we wish to build a community of hope through good works.
Join us each Saturday, March 28 through May 30, to share in fulfilling days of volunteering during this partnered build. Spend the day (7:45 am – 3:00 pm, including lunch) making an impact in a changing community. No building experience is necessary. If you need more information about this event, please do not hesitate to email with questions.
"For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10
- Day 1 - Saturday, March 28
- Day 2 - Saturday, April 4
- Day 3 - Saturday, April 18
- Day 4 - Saturday, April 25
- Day 5 - Saturday, May 2
- Day 6 - Saturday, May 9
- Day 7 - Saturday, May 16
- Day 8 - Saturday, May 30
Lunch, water, and snacks are provided.
8:00 am - Arrive, check-in
12:00 pm - Lunch
12:30 pm - Work resumes
3:30 pm - Site clean-up, work concludes
Habitat works in almost all weather conditions to fulfill its mission. On the scheduled workday go to www.dallasareahabitat.org/weather/ and click the weather button.
What to wear/bring:
- Season-appropriate work clothing/gear (we work rain or shine)
- Closed-toe shoes
- Head covering
- Work gloves
- Hammer and nail belt, if you have them
Build Site Age Limitations:
- Under 16: Not allowed on the build site until the dedication day
- 16 and 17: Allowed to pick up a hammer and build but not operate power tools or get on the roof; must have one adult over 21 per five youth of this age; parent must sign a release form.
- 18+: No restrictions