A Step Toward Discipleship for Our Children...
What is an Acolyte?
- a servant leader
- a person that carries the Cross and the Bell Banners into the Sanctuary at the beginning of each service
- a child to whom God is so important that he/she wants to show others that they are growing in discipleship
- The name Acolyte goes back to the Greek root
akolouthos, meaning "follower," and it came into English in the 14th century
- Children who are in 3rd through 6th grade
- Sunday mornings, September through May, (3 Acolytes are needed at each of the Sanctuary services). Acolytes carry in the elements of our faith at the beginning of each service and then are free to leave worship, attend Sunday School, or join Children's Choirs!
- Sunday mornings with Susan Rogers! You'll arrive early before your first time to serve. Training sessions are in the Sanctuary.