A Step Toward Discipleship for Our Children...
What is an Acolyte?
- a servant leader
- a person that carries the Cross and the Bell Banners into the Sanctuary at the beginning of each service
- a child to whom God is so important that he/she wants to show others that they are growing in discipleship
- The name Acolyte goes back to the Greek root
akolouthos, meaning "follower," and it came into English in the 14th century
- Children who are in 3rd through 6th grade
- Sunday mornings, September through May, ( 3 Acolytes are needed at each of the three Sanctuary services: 8:30, 9:30, & 11:00 AM ). Acolytes carry in the elements of our faith at the beginning of each service and then are free to leave worship, attend Sunday School, or join Children's Choirs!
- Sunday mornings with Susan Rogers! You'll arrive early before your first time to serve. Training sessions are in the Sanctuary.