- Are knowledgeable in a specific area of leisure interest ex: music, visual arts, theater, sports etc.
- They help plan the session with the Explorers Coordinator
- They facilitate group activities in their area of expertise (ex: leading a drum circle, teaching basketball skills, teaching an art skill or technique, etc.)
How to Serve
Explorers cannot happen without its generous volunteers from HPUMC and the surrounding community! These volunteers serve in several different ways during Explorers evenings. They serve as activity experts, activity buddies, and snack providers.
Please complete the Background Consent Form and return to:
3300 Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, TX 75205
- Assist with check-in and check-out
- Lead the devotion
- Pass out supplies
- Help participants engage in the recreation/leisure activity
- Co-participate and/or float between participants during the activity
- Encourage appropriate social behaviors and provide assistance where necessary
numberof participants and food allergies with Explorers Coordinator
- Provide and pass out snack and beverages
- Mingle with Explorers
- Assist with clean up after snack and social time
Those who serve as Activity Buddies are required to complete an application, consent to a background check, complete online training and attend an in-person training once a year. Activity Experts are also required to consent to a background check. Those who serve must be 18 years of age*. If you are interested in serving, please complete the Serving Application and the Background Consent Forms below. Liz Irwin, Explorers Coordinator, will follow up with you upon receipt to discuss the next steps in serving.
*Groups serving as snack providers may have younger individuals involved. Please contact the Explorers Coordinator if your group will have volunteers younger than 18.