Confirmation Serving Information
I pledge, with God’s help, to surround each class member with an environment of love and support. I will take seriously and I will follow through on the specific task and duties of my role in the leadership team. I will model the faith I teach. I will encourage, challenge, and share the confirmation journey with those I work with. This is the covenant I make this day, so help me God.
Below are the available serving opportunities for Confirmation:
- Small Group Leader ** (Primary responsibility to lead a specific small group of children each week. A key role in our program!) (Need 32) (Time Commitment: Three out of Four Sundays & Retreats & Special Services) (substitute “floaters” available)
- Small Group Floater ** (Provide assistance when needed to absent small group leaders.)
- Classroom Administration Team (Provide check-in twice a month for Sunday morning class.) (Need 36) (Two Sundays a month)
- Coordinator (2) Administration Team (Provide organization and leadership for check-in through entire year. (Two Sundays a month)
- Special Teams (Work on distribution of t-shirts and birthday correspondence cards and help with social events if needed.) (Need 12-15) (Time Commitment: Special events, retreats)
- Technology Crew (Provide technical set-up assistance to Walt and lead teachers each Sunday.) (Need 3-5) (Time Commitment: 2-3 Sundays a month as needed throughout the year)
- Digital Photography Team (Provide Sunday morning photographs both of the students and the class in action.) (Need 2-3) (Time Commitment: Summer and Early Fall for Class pictures & as needed)
- Confirmation T-Shirt Team (Now a part of the Special Teams.) (Needed 10 for Fall Kick Off distribution)
- Small Group Resources Team (Provide curriculum material set-up for the lessons. Can be done each week or every few weeks as desired.) (Need = 5) (Time Commitment: Weekly divided by team members.) (ex. 2 -3 Sundays a month)
- Day Retreats Team (Fall and Spring) (Provide organization and set-up of all supplies and resources needed for both retreats.) (Need = 8) (Time Commitment: Approximately 2-3 hours prior to the retreat for planning and prep with help on the day of both retreats.)
- Retreat Coordinator – Provide organization and volunteer coordination for both retreats
- Mission Events / Project Team (Provide assistance in helping coordinate pre-set CHURCH wide mission projects established through out the year by the mission and outreach department.) (Need 8)
- Worship Service Team (Provide organization and set up for all aspects of both Worship Services. The Covenant Service in the spring and Confirmation Service in the Fall.) (Need 6 adults) (Time commitment: availability to plan for both services & attend both services)
- Worship Services Coordinator – (Need 2) ; coordinate with HPUMC staff for both services & attend both services)
- Worship-Faith Visits (Provide assistance at the Faith Visits for the class to the congregations.) (Need 8-10) (Time Commitment: availability to attend one or more the faith visits along with the team leaders and small group leaders.)
- Faith Visits Coordinator (Provide assistance in coordinating the Faith Visits for the class – confirming locations and follow ups and thank you’s to the congregation.
** Leaders and floaters must attend teaching training, both day retreats, and the worship services. **
For detailed information on the job descriptions click, Confirmation : The Big Picture.