How to use the Acts Bible Reading Plan
On Monday, June 8, HPUMC is starting a new Bible Reading Plan — The Book of Acts. It’s the story of the movement that changed the world.
Passages are dated and designed to be read each weekday, typically taking less than five minutes. Falling behind? Don’t worry! On the weekends, you can catch up.
Not sure how to get started? Want to make the most of this opportunity? Check out the tips below on how to best use this reading plan.
How can you get your Acts booklet?
- Pick one up at HPUMC on May 31 between 1:00 and 4:00 pm during our Drive-Thru Day or anytime between June 1 and June 8. (Suggested donation $5)
- If you’d feel safer staying at home, we can deliver a book to you! Fill out this form, and our team will be in touch!
- You can also order an ESV Book from Amazon and get it shipped right to your front door.
Here are some questions to consider during and after your daily reading:
- What was the passage about? Repeat it in your own words.
- What can you learn about God, yourself, or others from this passage?
- Is the Holy Spirit nudging you to do or contemplate something in response to this passage?
- Who do you know that needs to hear about what you just read?
Go a step further in your reading with these resources:
- Check out devotionals from Rev. Tuggle
Each weekday morning, join Rev. Matt Tuggle as he will be posting a short devotional Bible study to go along with the day’s reading. You can find these devos on his Facebook and Instagram (@matttuggle) and online.
- Join a conversation group
Don’t read alone! We encourage you to participate in a virtual, six-week conversation group. Each week, these groups will meet through video conference for fellowship, prayer, and discussion over our church-wide Bible Reading Plan. Sign up here by June 3!
- Sign up to read with us
If you want to go a little deeper with your Bible reading, subscribe to receive emails with great information and questions about each week’s readings. Sign up at hpumc.org/bible.
- Discover even more with the BibleProject
Explore free Bible resources, including articles, videos, podcasts, and more.
- Listen to the Bible Recap podcast
You’ll hear quick summaries of chapters in the Bible that are discussed in an approachable, casual way.