Easter Craft Idea for Kids: Stained Glass Crosses
Join us for Easter Festival
March 25 | 12:00 pm | Arden Forest
We hope your family will join us as we prepare our hearts for Easter at this fun, family event! There will be inflatables, carnival games, crafts, a family outreach project, and other fun activities. There will also be age-level Easter egg hunts scheduled throughout the afternoon. Optional lunch available to purchase.
The cross that Jesus died on wasn’t colorful or beautiful, but what the cross means for our lives is the most beautiful thing of all.
To celebrate the beauty and grace, and the forgiveness of sins, we make a beautiful symbol that reminds us of Christ’s love for us.
Stained Glass Crosses are a great craft idea for kids of any age. Each cross will look a little different, but they will all have the same shape. In the same way, God made each of us unique, but we are all covered by the same grace.
What you’ll need:
- Lots of different colored tissue paper
- Clear Contact Paper
- Cross frame (Construction paper works best)
How it works:
- Cut or tear tissue paper into small pieces (try tearing paper into different shapes and sizes to make your cross even more unique!)
- Roll out a rectangular piece of clear contact paper on a flat surface (sticky side up!)
- Carefully place the cross frame onto the center of your contact paper. Be sure to smooth out the edges!
- Add different colored tissue paper, one piece at a time, onto the surface of the contact paper. Keep adding pieces until the center of the cross frame is filled.
- Next, peel another piece of contact paper and place it on top of the cross, sticky side down. This will help you seal in your beautiful new cross and prevent any fly-a-way tissue pieces.
- Finally, trim the excess paper from around the cross frame.
All that’s left now is to grab a piece of clear tape and hang your beautiful new cross up in any window of your home! Remind your kids that every time they see the light shining through their handmade cross, to say a prayer thanking Jesus for how much he loves us.
Other Fun Easter Craft Ideas: