Youth Ministry Female HS Summer Intern
Highland Park United Methodist Church is now hiring for Summer Interns at our Mockingbird campus. This will be a paid part-time internship from May 29, 2018, through August 10, 2018; working up to 20 hours per week (more during mission trip) with a focus on our High School student ministry. Interns must be available to travel and attend our High School mission trip the week of July 15 – 21 in Smithville, TX.
Our Commitment to You
We will lead and provide you the best learning opportunities possible. It is critical that you learn how to lead, communicate, and set healthy boundaries.
We will give you ownership. This will be done by allowing you to take the lead with relational events, speaking opportunities, and project management.
We will set the bar high. We operate with a commitment to excellence. We hope to challenge, sharpen, and encourage you to make influential relationships and programs.
We will let you see behind the curtain. Youth ministry is not all glitz and glam. We want you to see/experience the good and messiness that comes with ministry so that you are better equipped to lead your own ministry.
We will encourage collaboration. We want you to learn about the other people on our youth staff and in our church. Discover what drives them, what they hope to accomplish and how the communities’ culture has influenced the way they lead their ministries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sunday morning programming (High School Bible Study)
- Connecting with volunteers
- Preaching or leading table group discussions
- Midweek Programming
- Hang time on Wednesday afternoons
- Bible studies at the church or off-site locations
- Facilitate local mission work and student development groups
- Relational ministry
- Having contact with students on a weekly basis
- Hanging out with students one on one or in a group setting
- Milkshake Mondays
- High schoolers make milkshakes, facilitate games and hang out with the middle schoolers
- Create and execute one summer event
- Promotion material
- Message (if necessary)
- Summer Mission trip preparation
- Summer Mission Trip Leader
- Social media marketing and preparation of online promotional material
- Additional duties as assigned by the Youth Pastors
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must pass background check, drug screen and successfully complete Ministry Safe training
- Must have completed freshman year of college
- Committed Christian who is comfortable working in a United Methodist Church and maintains spiritual and moral integrity
- Solid work ethic and organizational skills > Female applicants only
- Have reliable transportation
- Desire to communicate and invest in our students
To Apply, please email all of the following to , specifying Female HS Summer Intern in the subject line; you will not be considered without all three, which will be verified upon hiring:
- Your resume
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Your pay requirement & pay history
No calls, please.