Female High School Youth Pastor
The HPUMC Youth High School Pastor is responsible for ministering to 11th – 12th students and their families.
This full-time position is responsible for helping lead youth into a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ. The High School Youth Pastor will work on a team with other youth staff and will focus primarily on 11th and
Our youth ministry mission is to help middle and high school students become deeply devoted followers of Jesus Christ. When this mission is executed well, we will see youth that
Location: Main campus, Dallas, TX
The following responsibilities are a representative sampling of the duties of the High School Pastor.
- Serve as the lead Youth Pastor for 11th-12th graders and their families
- Continually evaluate the HPUMC Youth strategy and our execution of this strategy
Create Strategic Environments
- Work with other HPUMC Youth staff to plan and execute all high school environments
- Serve as the lead staff person in these environments
- Share primary teaching responsibilities in high school environments with the Director of Youth Ministry
Cultivate Personal Relationships with High School Students
- Spend time each week with high school students outside of weekly programming
- Recruit and train volunteers to cultivate appropriate personal relationships with high school students
- Attend high school extra-curricular events
Partner with Parents
- Intentionally develop and nurture personal relationships with parents
- Be proactive in communicating with parents regularly
- Help to engage parents in the ministry of the church
Model a Missional Mindset
- Actively engage in an ongoing relationship with one of HPUMC Youth’s community partners
- Help students actively engage in an ongoing relationship with one of our community partners
- Help students view their future through the lens of Christ’s calling on their lives.
- Lead one major role of the youth ministry (e.g. missions, creative content, communications, summer programming, hospitality).
- Attend staff team meetings established by the Director of Youth Ministries.
We Provide competitive pay and full benefits package, as well as a fitness facility, free garage parking, generous holiday schedule, and a fun, collaborative and supportive work environment!
We Require a Christian committed to living a life that reflects the Gospel, who feels called to Youth Ministry and is comfortable working in a United Methodist Church environment, with the following qualifications:
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required; post-grad education a plus
- 3+ years in Youth Ministry or related field
- Experience in large church ministry
- Experience in delivering powerful biblical messages to youth regularly
- Good computer skills: email, Internet, other applications
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and positive attitude
- High degree of initiative and accountability
- Ability to manage and motivate volunteers
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills
Working Hours: Due to the nature of youth ministry early mornings, late nights, weekends, and week-long out-of-town events are common. Office hours will be determined with these factors in mind.
TO APPLY, please email all of the following to , specifying Female HS Youth Pastor in the subject line. Applications without the following information will not be considered.
- Resume & cover letter/email
- Statement of your philosophy of ministry and your call to ministry
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Your salary history and pay requirement