Welcoming Ministries Coordinator
General Purpose/Summary: To create a joyful and helpful welcoming environment for members and guests. To manage the operations of the Cornerstone Café, its staff and resources in service of creating an attractive and welcoming environment.
Working Hours: 25 hours per week. Sunday – Thursday mornings
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties include the items listed below, plus other duties as required or assigned. Duties may be changed without notice.
- Work alongside Director of Welcoming Ministries to ensure all HPUMC greeters/ushers are trained, equipped, informed and appreciated.
- Assist Director of Welcoming to schedule greeters for Easter and Christmas services (Travelers and Christmas Eve).
- Be apprised and knowledge about HPUMC events to proactively inform greeters and assist guests.
- Communicate with and schedule Cornerstone greeters for weekly Saturday and Sunday worship.
- Be present on Sunday mornings to oversee welcoming in the Wallace Building, connect with and get to know Cornerstone greeters, train new greeters and fill-in as needed.
- Oversee the weekly collection of offering.
- Schedule monthly communion serving team.
- Order and prepare communion sacraments and supplies.
- Coordinate with Cornerstone worship staff and oversee communion serving team on communion Saturdays/Sundays.
- Oversee paid and volunteer staff, including hiring, training, and supporting
- Manage cafe inventory, sales and product orders
- Oversee finances, including responsibility for all income and expenses
- Maintain an attractive, welcoming area and a high level of health and safety standards
- Cornerstone Greeter Captains
- Coffee Associates
- Greeters and Café Volunteers
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: Previous customer service experience required. Cornerstone attendee preferred. Familiarity with the food service industry a plus.
Language/Communications Skills: Good command of the English language. Regularly communicates with co-workers, congregation, general public, entire staff.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Simple emails
- Advanced/frequent work with numbers
- Intermediate computer skills
- Word, Excel, Arena, Internet, SignUp Genius
- excellent people skills required
- positive attitude and high energy required
- love of serving others required
- multitasking skills required
- self-starter capable of working in a busy environment under some time constraints
- proactive in problem solving
- management of a team/volunteers a plus
Physical Demands: Lifting up to 10 pounds, sitting, standing, walking, kneeling and fine motor skills
Other Qualifications: Must be a committed Christian comfortable working in a United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job. Applicant must clear criminal background check.
All HPUMC employees are required to work on our 2 biggest days of the year: Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday.
To Apply, please email all of the following to , specifying Welcoming Ministries Coordinator in subject line; you will not be considered without all 3, which will be verified upon hiring:
- Your resume
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Your pay requirement & pay history
No calls, please.