The Grove Kids - Ministry Coordinator
The Grove Church is a new church start in North Dallas, and an extension of Highland Park United Methodist Church, launching in late summer of 2017. As we prepare for our opening, we seek a children’s ministry coordinator to join the team pre-launch.
This part-time position is responsible for working with the Campus Pastor, HPUMC Kids Staff, and volunteers to oversee Christian education for children from birth through sixth grade, including Sunday morning programs and special family events. This position will also collaborate with other Grove staff on general Discipleship and church-wide programs and other matters.
The Ministry Coordinator is expected to maintain high Christian values and professional integrity in order to provide an example and encouragement for the children and families of our community.
Usual working hours – 20 hours a week, required Sundays 8 am - 1 pm, and meetings/events at various times. Also includes Christmas Eve and Easter.
4525 Rickover Drive
Dallas, TX 75244
The Grove Church is near Forest Lane and Welch Road in North Dallas.
Essential Responsibilities include:
Pastoral: Influence and lead children and their families to Jesus Christ, being available to them in crisis situations and for concerns/questions, making pastoral care visits.
• Supervising, evaluating, recruiting, coordinating, training and supporting the Grove Kids volunteer teams.
• Supervising and directing part-time nursery/childcare staff.
• Participating in the design and implementation of a ministry to the parents of children 0-13.
• Planning, coordinating, and overseeing all regular ministries to children and their families, which includes Sunday School/ Nursery from birth through 6th grade Confirmation, and any programming added to Grove Kids ministry.
• Helping plan and participate in special children and/or family events (i.e. Back to School Sunday, 3rd Grade Bible Sunday, Christmas Eve Services, etc).
• Collaborating with HPUMC Kids at main campus.
• Attending church staff meetings and other meetings/events as necessary.
We Require a Christian (preferably United Methodist) committed to living a life that reflects the Gospel who is comfortable working in a United Methodist church and has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field strongly preferred
- Seminary or other formal religious education preferred
- At least 3 years experience in church ministry as staff or lay leader
- Supervisory experience required
- Experience in children's ministry or an educational setting preferred
- Ability to build, lead and empower volunteer teams
- Ability to adapt and evaluate curriculum
- Ability to implement a ministry vision
- Proficient computer skills, using applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database, email, Internet and social media. Should also be comfortable updating website pages (training on our web platform is provided).
- Excellent organization, communication (verbal and written) and listening skills, with a high degree of initiative and accountability
- Exceptional interpersonal and relational skills, with sensitivity to church members and visitors
- Familiarity with United Methodist doctrine; must be comfortable teaching it and representing the church
- Understanding and enjoyment of children and families and guiding their spiritual development
- Familiarity and comfort with special needs children and with diverse socioeconomic populations
- Physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, seeing, hearing, lifting approx. 10 lbs.
To apply, please email all of the following items to , specifying The Grove Kids in subject line; these will be verified upon employment:
- Resume highlighting relevant experience
- Your salary history and salary requirements for this role
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Your statement of faith and philosophy of Christian education
No calls, please.
Back to Employment