Sr. Graphic Designer
The Sr. Graphic Designer demonstrates strong technical and soft skills. The Sr. Graphic Designer has an aptitude for making quality decisions on the spot and works well in a team environment. This person has the opportunity to create visual brand standards and integrated marketing programs for print and digital channels. This is an experienced graphic designer who also shows great leadership/management skills, remarkable creativity, initiative, and accountability. The Sr. Graphic Designer is responsible for making sure all graphics align with the goals/mission/brand standards of HP Ministries.
- Ability to work 33.5 hours: Monday - Thursday 7.5 hrs. Friday 3.5 hrs.
- Attendance on occasional Sundays and at special events
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively combine strategy and insights to develop unique creative solutions for internal client objectives across branding and multichannel marketing materials
- Support visual design development throughout the entire creative lifecycle, from initial explorations through final design deliverables all in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist the Creative Director in creating client pitch presentations for video products
- Create designs and layouts to effectively communicate messages in both print and digital environments
- Gain an understanding of industry norms and trends in order to produce the most effective and persuasive work possible
- Work closely with Creative Director, Project Managers, and the Creative team to develop and implement design solutions
- Juggle various projects and handle tight deadlines in a fast-paced agency-style environment
- Stay abreast of the latest tools and software in order to produce the best work possible
- Ensure timely, accurate completion of assigned projects
- Lead and manage a graphic designer and potentially freelance designers (when necessary)
- Manage design library/archival system for graphics
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be comfortable presenting to clients and be able to effectively share their point of view and expertise
- Excellent typography skills and a keen understanding of visual systems
- 5-10 years as graphic designer with proven performance in both print and digital
- Knowledge of contemporary design, concept development, and original creativity
- Accustomed to working in an environment requiring multi-tasking and changing project priorities
- Ability to think strategically
- Excellent written and verbal communication, documentation, and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required, and ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Marketing/agency background a plus
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in an art, design, or media-related discipline
- Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary
- Clear criminal background check
Preferred Software Experience:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite
Other Qualifications: Must be a committed Christian comfortable working in the United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job.
All HPUMC employees are required to work on our 2 biggest days of the year: Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday.
To Apply, please email all of the following to , specifying Sr Graphic Designer in subject line; you will not be considered without all 4, which will be verified upon hiring:
- Your resume
- Link to online portfolio
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Your pay requirement & pay history
No calls, please.