This part time position is responsible for representing Munger Place Church evening events. This will require room set-up, cleaning and upkeep of facilities to provide a safe, clean and attractive church which will directly support a first-class worship environment. As the only evening Building Services representative at MP extension campus, this person is expected to take initiative and ownership of these functions.
Working Hours: Tuesday 3pm-9pm, Wednesday 3pm-9pm, Sunday 8am-12pm and 5pm-9pm. It will occasionally be necessary to revise these work hours for special events such as weddings or concerts or based on the needs of the church.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties include the items listed below, plus other duties as required or assigned.
- Act as the Munger liaison to all evening and wedding events. This can require event/room set-ups including setting up/removing/rearranging tables, chairs, decorations, ladders and other elements as needed for scheduled classes, meetings or events.
- Ensure that all meeting rooms are unlocked and opened for scheduled events, and locked promptly afterward.
- Clean and service restrooms daily as needed: clean and sanitize toilets, urinals and sinks; clean glass and mirrors; remove trash; check and restock soap and paper towel dispensers.
- Insure that the facility grounds meet Church standards, including exterior trash pickup, and keeping walkways, entry ways and steps clean at all times.
- Respond to staff and guest requests; also report any abnormal conditions inside and out to supervisor or campus leadership.
- Lock all Church / Education building doors, and set both alarm systems prior to clocking out each evening.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No supervisory responsibilities
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Experience required in event set-up, tear down, general custodial practices, and grounds keeping
- Experience working for a church helpful
- Must be a dependable, self-starting and highly motivated individual with a superior eye for detail and high quality standards
- Clear criminal background and motor vehicle report check
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must have good people skills
- Good communication and listening skills
- Must have good organizational abilities, as well as initiative
- Must have good command of English language
- Must have good abilities and understanding of safe, effective cleaning and set-up techniques
- Lift/carry more than 25 pounds
- Color vision
- Ability to move around to perform all needed work
- Driving required with passengers
Other Qualifications: Must be a committed Christian comfortable working in the United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job.
All HPUMC employees are required to work on our 2 biggest days of the year: Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday.
To Apply, please email all of the following to , specifying Night Porter in subject line; you will not be considered without all 3, which will be verified upon hiring:
- Your resume
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Your pay requirement & pay history
No calls, please.