Middle School Youth Pastor
This full-time position is responsible for helping lead youth into a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ. The Middle School Youth Pastor will work on a team with other youth staff, and will focus primarily on 7th and 8th grade ministry. This position will include casting vision for the Middle School Ministry, delivering large group messages, leading small group Bible studies, managing a large team of volunteers, being highly relational, and supporting the entire youth ministry and church with its mission, vision, and strategy.
The Middle School Youth Pastor must thrive in a fast-paced, highly relational, creative environment with tight deadlines and busy schedules.
As with all HPUMC positions, this person is expected to embody the mission of HPUMC each and every day: to help people become deeply devoted followers of Christ. They are also expected to demonstrate the values of HPUMC, which include: (1) being God led, (2) caring for one another, (3) being respectful of our heritage and (4) being focused on our future.
Location: Dallas, TX
We provide competitive pay, full benefit package, and a fun and supportive workplace!
We Require a committed Christian who feels called to Youth Ministry and is comfortable working in a United Methodist Church environment, with the following qualifications:
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required; post-grad education a plus
- 3+ years in Youth Ministry or related field
- Experience in large church ministry
- Experience in delivering powerful biblical messages to youth regularly
- Good computer skills: email, Internet, other applications
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and positive attitude
- High degree of initiative and accountability
- Ability to manage and motivate volunteers
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills
Due to the nature of youth ministry early mornings, late nights, weekends, and week-long out-of-town events are regular. Office hours will be determined with these factors in mind.
TO APPLY, please email all of the following to .org, specifying MS Pastor in subject line:
- Resume & cover letter/email
- Video (link or DVD) of a recent teaching
- Statement of your philosophy of ministry and your call to ministry
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Your pay requirement
No calls, please.