Kid Care Supervisor
General Purpose/Summary: Responsible for scheduling caregivers and managing reservations for KidCare.
Working Hours: 15 Hours/Weekly
- Monday – Wednesday, 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- Mondays from 9:00am – 12:00pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for scheduling caregivers and managing reservations for KidCare.
- Prepare and communicate schedules for caregivers on a monthly basis.
- Serves as main contact for families who use KidCare offerings during week.
- Manage KidCare reservations via email, online registrations and departmental requests.
- Maintains a presence on the first floor during KidCare week night hours (as determined by schedule) to resolve issues and monitor activity in rooms.
- Maintains a presence on the first floor during large special events scheduled during a week night. Serve as a friendly face to greet families as they arrive for KidCare.
- Analyzes weekly KidCare participants to determine the number of Caregivers and rooms needed
- Work closely with the Early Childhood Coordinator to identify and monitor any personnel issues and hiring needs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises Caregiver Team on weekdays and weeknights
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Childcare or nursery setting experience a plus; Supervisory experience required
- CPR and First Aid Certifications
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills; strong supervisory skills including setting policy and holding team accountable, conflict resolution skills; strong organizational skills.
- Good command of the English language. This position regularly communicates with co-workers within the department, congregation, other churches/organizations, other departments or entire staff.
- Able to complete simple emails, letters, occasional work with numbers, intermediate computer skills.
- Applications used, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EventU, Arena, HPUMC Website
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, standing, walking, seeing, hearing, able to lift up to 25 pounds, fine motor skills
Other Qualifications: Must be a committed Christian comfortable working in the United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job.
All HPUMC employees are required to work on our 2 biggest days of the year: Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday.
To Apply, please email all of the following to , specifying Kid Care Supervisor in subject line; you will not be considered without all 3, which will be verified upon hiring:
- Your resume
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Your pay requirement & pay history
No calls, please.