GroveKids Program Coordinator
The Grove Church is a new church start in North Dallas, and an extension of Highland Park United Methodist Church. As we continue to grow, we seek a ministry coordinator to help implement and oversee the many details it requires to execute phenomenal Kids programming on Sundays and with special events.
This part-time position is responsible for working with the Pastor of Discipleship, HPUMC Kids Staff, and volunteers to oversee Christian education for children from birth through sixth grade, including Sunday morning programs and special family events. This position will also collaborate with other Grove staff on general Discipleship and church-wide programs and other matters.
The GroveKids Program Coordinator is expected to maintain high Christian values and professional integrity in order to provide an example and encouragement for the children and families of our community.
Usual working hours – 15 hours a week, required Sundays 8 am - 12 pm, and meetings/events at various times.
4525 Rickover Drive Dallas, TX 75244
The Grove Church is near Forest Lane and Welch Road in North Dallas.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Supervising, evaluating, recruiting, coordinating, training and supporting the Grove Kids volunteer teams.
- Supervising and directing part-time nursery/childcare staff.
- Participating in the design and implementation of a ministry to the parents of children 0-13.
- Planning, coordinating, and overseeing all regular ministries to children and their families, which includes Sunday School/ Nursery from birth through 6th grade Confirmation, and any programming added to Grove Kids ministry.
- Helping plan and participate in special children and/or family events (i.e. Back to School Sunday, 3rd Grade Bible Sunday, Christmas Eve Services, etc).
- Collaborating with HPUMC Kids at main campus.
- Attending church staff meetings and other meetings/events as necessary.
We Require a Christian committed to living a life that reflects the Gospel who is comfortable working in a United Methodist church and has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field strongly preferred
- Experience in children's ministry or an educational setting preferred
- Ability to build, lead and empower volunteer teams
- Proficient computer skills, using applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database, email, Internet and social media. Should also be comfortable updating website pages (training on our web platform is provided).
- Excellent organization, communication (verbal and written) and listening skills, with a high degree of initiative and accountability
- Exceptional interpersonal and relational skills, with sensitivity to church members and visitors
- Understanding and enjoyment of children and families and guiding their spiritual development
- Familiarity and comfort with special needs children and with diverse socioeconomic populations
- Physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, seeing, hearing, lifting approx. 10 lbs.
- Pass criminal background check
All HPUMC employees are required to work on our two biggest days of the year: Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday
To apply, please email all of the following items to , specifying The GroveKids Program Coordinator in subject line; these will be verified upon employment:
- Resume highlighting relevant experience
- Your salary history and salary requirements for this role
- Your religious/church affiliation
No calls, please.