Job Opening - Cornerstone Worship Coordinator
The overall purpose of the Cornerstone Worship Coordinator is to assist in planning a successful and welcoming worship service on a weekly basis leading our congregation to become deeply devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Working Hours: Usual working hours for this full-time position are Saturday 4-7 pm; Sunday 8:30 am – 12:30 pm; and Monday - Wednesday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties include the items listed below, plus other duties as required or assigned.
- Coordinate weekly worship services for Cornerstone by working with and supporting the Director Cornerstone ministry.
- Assist in planning the worship service and oversee logistics including announcements, baptisms, communion, visuals, offering and recognition of staff and congregation.
- Execute additional items needed for worship particularly with special events including work with communications team on promotional items & announcements, public awareness, campaign visuals and special items such as balloons, coffee, donuts, etc…
- Receive prayer requests, distribute to Director of Cornerstone and HPUMC Congregational Care team, be able to call on prayer requests and pray with congregants.
- Assist with Cornerstone communication channels including answering phone calls, emails and website inquiries: and
- Partner with our Welcoming Director to create a welcoming environment for each person who attends Cornerstone worship. Create connection points with participants.
- Recruit and develop volunteer leaders within the Cornerstone community and create a clear vision and passion for hospitality.
- Meet with other churches to learn about their welcoming and hospitality models.
Education and Other Requirements:
- College degree preferred
- Experience working in a church environment preferred
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Experience leading teams and managing operations or systems, processes and programs
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work with ideas from others and create an execution plan
- Able to show care and appreciation to volunteers, visitors and church congregation as they attend our services
Ability to communicate, partner and work effectively with the following groups of people: Volunteers, Visitors, Church Staff, Congregation, other churches, and organizations.
Preferred Software Experience:
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Church systems including Arena and Event U
- Proficiency in email, internet, and social media
Other Qualifications: Must be a committed Christian comfortable working in a United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job.