General Purpose/Summary: To Manage the “Coffee Cart” and create a welcoming environment for our members and guests by selling and serving coffee every Sunday morning.
Working Hours: 5 Hours/Week
- Sunday Mornings: 7:30 am – 12:30 pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review list of Sunday morning classes and groups requesting coffee service and forecast additional coffee needed to serve and sell to additional members and guests. Ensure adequate supplies are accounted for including coffee, filters, cups, stir sticks, creamer, sweetener, and napkins.
- Review coffee services delivery schedule and ensure classes receive their coffee services as requested.
- Oversee the Coffee Cart for guests and visitors- make fresh coffee each Sunday, sell coffee, accept payment, make change, and track amount of coffee sold.
- Ensure all coffee service supplies are returned at the end of each Sunday morning, clean coffee pots and return all supplies to storage.
- Submit receipts and profits to Business Office by Noon.
- Coordinate additional resources and volunteers as needed.
Dress is casual. Apron will be provided and must be worn. Athletic or other comfortable shoes recommended. All attire should be easy to move around in and appropriate for a Sunday church environment.
Supervisory Responsibilities: May work with and help coordinate volunteers
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Working with coffee or food & beverage environment is desired
- High School
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Previous customer service experience preferred. We welcome high-school students in this position. Minimum age is 16. Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be friendly and outgoing and a self-starter who can work in a busy environment under some time constraints. Must be reliable. Must be able to take direction. Must have great interpersonal skills while filling orders efficiently and cordially.
Other Skill Sets:
- Must be able to work with numbers and some degree of math for ordering supplies, selling and counting change and submitting sales reports.
- Familiarity or ability to learn “the square” used for electronic card payments
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing, walking, seeing, hearing, able to lift up to 25 pounds, fine motor skills
Other Qualifications: Must be a committed Christian comfortable working in the United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job.
All HPUMC employees are required to work on our 2 biggest days of the year: Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday.
To Apply, please email all of the following to , specifying Coffee Associate in subject line; you will not be considered without all 3, which will be verified upon hiring:
- Your resume
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Your pay requirement & pay history
No calls, please.