Building Maintenance Technician
General Purpose/Summary: Under general supervision, performs a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, and equipment.
- 40 Hours Monday – Friday 6am- 2:30pm
- Occasional overtime and weekends
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties include the items listed below, plus other duties as required or assigned. Duties may be changed without notice.
General Maintenance and Repair of Buildings, Facilities, Equipment, and Grounds at Various Sites
- Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, glazier, masonry, and painting tasks
- Repairs and treats structures such as floors, showers, sinks, walls, roofs, and carpets
- Cleans debris from roof gutters as necessary
- Performs minor troubleshooting, repairs, and adjustments of locks on doors, cabinets, desks, closets
- Repairs door hinges, cleans plugged key slots
- Changes filters on various ventilation units
- Services kitchen appliances, reports mechanical malfunctions to appropriate party for action
- Moves and/or assists in moving furniture and equipment at various facilities, sets up and breaks down cubicle partitions
- Identifies projects requiring the services of a higher skilled crafts person
- Assists in obtaining quotes and arranging for services of outside vendors as directed
- Completes service requests and updates work logs for specific site requirements
- Opens and closes church campuses and other site buildings, activates and deactivates building alarms as part of site support team
- Assists with special projects periodically as directed
- Maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites
- Assists in other areas as needed: Munger Place Campus, The Grove Campus, Tolleson Family Activity Center
Supervisory Responsibilities: No supervisory responsibilities
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
At least 5 years’ maintenance experience, to include light carpentry, plumbing, HVACR repair, energy management systems and electrical troubleshooting.
- Must be safety conscious with thorough knowledge of sound safety procedures and regulations
- High school diploma/equivalent required; technical degree/diploma preferred
- Responsive, steady, energetic and dependable with a high degree of initiative and with good people, communication and organization skills
- Experience with/knowledge of energy management systems a plus
- Good computer skills: email, Internet, Word, Excel, calendar
- Good command of English language, both spoken and written
- Good vision, hearing and fine motor abilities, plus ability to move about as necessary
- Able to lift more than 25 pounds
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and flexibility to work after-hours and weekends as necessary in event of facility emergencies
- Respond effectively to all emergencies at the HPUMC campus, Munger Place Church, Family Activity center, The Grove Church, and future satellite campuses
- Clear criminal and vehicle background check
Other Qualifications: Must be a committed Christian comfortable working in the United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job.
All HPUMC employees are required to work on our 2 biggest days of the year: Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday.
To Apply, please email all of the following to , specifying Building Maintenance Technician in subject line; you will not be considered without all 3, which will be verified upon hiring:
- Your resume
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Your pay requirement & pay history
No calls, please.